Makeup gives your face a new and bright look but what about the chemicals in the makeup products? Using makeup on a daily basis has a lot of side effects on our skin. So to have a naturally glowing skin nourished you can use facial oils. These oils are 100% natural and do not add to the side effects of expensive chemical products. Naturally beautiful skin is what all girls crave for. These natural oils help your skin to breathe and keep it hydrated. You can definitely add any of these facial oils to your daily skincare regime. Let’s find out the benefits and usages to these oils to know what wonders these are capable of.
Benefits of Natural Facial Oils
The facial oils are extracted from plants or from seeds of plants and are 100% natural. These facial oils help in reducing the wrinkles of the skin and keeps the skin young and glowing. These oils are the way to have flawless skin. People of old times used to apply oil on their faces and this practice has come back to us in the form of facial oils. Be it coconut oil or almond oil they have a lot of nutritious qualities and when applied to the skin adds these valuable nutrients to our skin. Oils protect our skin from harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Different facial oils have various different elements which act beneficial for the skin. As per different skin types, there are different facial oils which you can choose and can apply on your face and can get the desired benefits. Following are the benefits which you can get if you apply them.
Facial oil makes your skin smooth.
Facial oils work perfectly on those who are having dry, rough and flaky skin. Applying oil regularly on dry skin can make your skin smooth and helps in getting radiant gradually. Oils act as an ideal antidote to the dry or rough skin. Facial oils also work as a great moisturizer than any other moisturiser cream or standard lotion which helps in balancing the PH value of the skin and improves the texture of the skin.
Facial oils help in reducing wrinkles.
Facial oils are loaded with the antioxidant that prevents from ageing by helping in reducing wrinkles from your skin. These days ultraviolet rays are the main factor of unrestricted radical damage and ageing skin even before the actual age. And applying facial oil by people suffering from dryness, wrinkles and sun damage can really benefit their skin.
Facial oils can help in removing rashes.
Some oils have an anti-inflammatory element on it which helps in soothing the irritated skin. Applying such oil on the skin can definitely help you in improving rashes and other redness on the skin.
Facial oils help in tightening the skin pores.
Massaging regularly with the facial oils helps in tightening the skin pores and improves in skin texture totally, giving your skin feel young and bright. Cleaning skin pores in essential and cleaning it with facial oils always have been worked perfectly.
Protect your skin overall.
Facial oils are developed for the benefits of the skin. Oils are lipophilic, imprisoning water and other moisturising quality in it which helps them infiltrate deep into the skin for effective results. Some oils help to reinforce and strengthen your skin by keeping the bad stuff or toxin out from the skin.
Facial oils also work as a great primer.
Applying facial oils before makeup is always considered as a good idea. Makeup which you apply has various chemical elements which can affect your skin later but applying facial oils before makeup as a primer can really prevent this issue and can help your skin sustain the quality and texture for long.
The best 10 Natural Facial Oils for Radiant Skin
Let's know about the oils now which help your skin maintain all the essential things that are important for the skin. There are various common natural oils which we are heard of but didn't know can do miracles for the skin.
Coconut oil is one of the oldest oils which was used to keep the skin hydrated. It provides a lot of nutritional benefits for your skin and keeps your skin healthy. This oil has vitamins such as Vitamin e and Vitamin k which has antifungal action on the skin. Coconut oil has no side effects and can be used by everyone and it is easily available as well. To take care of your skin you no more need an expensive skincare routine. You must have a bottle of unrefined coconut oil if you are planning to apply it on your skin. This oil acts as a natural coolant and helps in relaxing and also improve a person's mental and physical health. The skin gets to breathe and glows when coconut oil is applied. It also increases the growth of eyebrows and eyelashes. Coconut oil prevents skin from flakiness and dryness. People having the issue of dry and flaky skin can apply coconut oil on their skin and literally can feel the difference. Along with smoothing the skin, it also makes your skin glow radiant. This oil gets penetrated easily on the deeper layer of the skin and helps in delaying sagging and premature ageing of the skin by giving full nourishment.
Uses of coconut oil
- Coconut oil has innumerable uses for the skin or for the hair.
- Coconut oil protects your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- These rays can cause skin cancer and fast wrinkles on your face and to prevent it, applying coconut oil on your face is a good practice.
- It reduces dark circles, hyperpigmentation, acne and pimples.
- Coconut oil has therapeutic healing power which also acts as a moisturizer for your skin.
- Oils mostly work as sunscreens and so does coconut oil, it acts as a barrier between the skin and the sun rays which make the skin burn.
- Coconut oil has anti-ageing properties and also works as a natural highlighter.
Almond oil is extracted from raw almonds and this oil is one of the most nutritious oils for your skin. This oil is rich in vitamin E, proteins and potassium. It is known to soothe and moisturize the skin. It treats minor wounds and cuts also. Application of almond oil on the skin helps in the growth of new skin cells. Almond oil is like a skin treatment to your skin which also improves your complexion and skin tone. If you have a sensitive skin it is advised you avoid this facial oil.
Uses of almond oil
- Almond oil is a heavy nutty oil and can be used as a makeup remover and a cleanser.
- It protects the skin from sun damage and also soothes it.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties make it a very essential facial oil.
- It moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
- Almond oil helps in preventing dark circles and dark patchy skin.
Rosehip Seed Oil
This seed oil is extracted from the seeds of wild rose bushes and is a great skincare product. It has anti-ageing properties and is also used as an antioxidant. Inflammatory skin conditions are easily retrieved after using the rosehip seed oil.
Uses of Rosehip seed oil
- It helps in reducing signs of ageing and also repairs dry skin.
- Rosehip seed oil helps in exfoliating the skin.
- It also has anti-inflammatory properties which help in protecting the skin from sun damage.
- Rosehip seed oil reduces hyperpigmentation from the skin and makes it spot free.
Sunflower Seed Oil
This oil is extracted from the seeds of the sunflower plant and is rich in vitamin E. Skin absorbs the sunflower seed all very easily and does not make your skin heavy. It is an excellent moisturizer and also protects the skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
Uses of Sunflower seed oil
- Sunflower seed oil is rich in omega 6 fatty acid which does not increase the inflation in the skin and improves the growth of new skin cells.
- This oil has anti-inflammatory properties that lessen the roughness of the skin and helps it to soften.
This is one of the most common natural facial oils. Jojoba oil is known for its healing properties. It's anti-inflammatory properties prevent the harmful effects of the sun from damaging the skin. Even if you have an oily skin jojoba oil suits the best as it acts as sebum on the skin. It is a carrier of essential oil into the deep pores of the skin and removes all the excess oil from the skin preventing pimples.
Uses of jojoba oil
- Jojoba oil is very helpful in treating acne, pimples, eczema and other skin problems with its great healing property.
- It can be used as a cleanser, a moisturizer or can also be used for spot treatment.
- Jojoba oil can be used on the skin in its pure form.
- This oil has anti-ageing properties and is known to tighten the skin and make it glow.
Grape Seed Oil
Grapeseed oil is a lightweight oil in comparison to the other facial oils of this list. It is rich in vitamin E and other fatty acids which makes it very beneficial for the skin. The grape seed oil has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties which help in preventing acne and pimples.
Uses of grapeseed oil
- Grapeseed oil is the best for lightening your skin and exfoliating the dead cells from your face.
- It helps in reducing pimples, acne and scars from occurring on your skin.
- Grape seed oil can be used as a moisturizer which keeps the skin hydrated.
- This can also be used for removing makeup.
Argan oil is a plant-based oil extracted from the not of the fruit of the argan tree. This oil is rich in vitamin C and saponins which is a skin-softening agent. This oil has antioxidant properties and also anti-ageing properties. This prevents further wrinkles from appearing on your face and helps to keep your skin young. Argan oil is known to have a tightening effect on skin and also relaxes rashes and acne on the skin. This oil has several health benefits and is available in its pure form. Argan oil boosts of the skin and makes it healthy. The skin gets moisturized when argan oil is applied.
Uses of argan oil
- Argan oil is a very useful facial oil which helps skin to be healthy and protects it from sun damage.
- The antioxidant property of this oil prevents the free radical of the sun to harm the skin.
- Harmful rays of the sun may cause skin cancer and premature ageing, but the application of argan oil prevents these and keeps the skin healthy.
- Argan oil acts as a moisturizer and helps to nourish the skin.
- It has Vitamin C which is a fat-soluble antioxidant it helps to keep the skin hydrated improving the water retention in the skin.
Another helpful natural facial oil is olive oil, it can be used on the skin and on the hair. This oil is rich in vitamin A, C, D and K and also has antioxidant properties. If your skin is prone to acne, natural facial oils are the most helpful to keep your skin immune from acne and other rashes. This does not let the skin dry and keeps it cleansed.
Uses of olive oil
- Olive oil prevents premature signs of ageing and tightens the skin.
- It anti-oxidises the skin and prevents free radicals from damaging the skin.
- It also fights with cancer-causing cells and is thus a very good sunscreen.
- It has fat-soluble vitamins which are very useful for the skin.
- Olive oil acts as an exfoliator and tree and dry areas of your skin.
- It acts as a face mask and also a makeup remover.
Shea butter is also derived from plants, it is extracted from the nuts of shea trees of Africa. Shea butter is not only good for skincare but is also great for hair care. This is found in solid form but easily melts at room temperature in its pure form. Shea butter can be mixed with other facial oils to have a great effect on your face and to get a smoother skin. Shea butter helps in preventing dry skin burns and acne and is thus used for making cosmetics as well.
Uses of shea butter
- The skin-softening property of shea butter is what makes it the most helpful natural facial oil.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and thus prevents your skin from burning.
- Its healing properties help to prevent acne and pimples from your skin very easily.
- It helps in relaxing and soothing your skin.
Avocado is a great antioxidant and is a good source of minerals and vitamins as well. Avocado oil is a carrier oil which is found from the seeds or nuts of a plant. This oil helps in moisturizing the skin and protecting it from UV rays of the sun. This also has antimicrobial effects on the skin. It acts as a face mask and also as an anti-ageing cream. Avocado oil is rich in sterolin content which has anti-inflammatory effects on your skin. It is One of the best facial oils one can ever have for their skin. This oil works on all skin types but works effectively on oily and acne-prone skin. People facing oily skin which causes acne are suggested to use this avocado oil helps to reduce the acne and oil from the skin. It also helps in reducing inflammation overnight as it has antifungal and antibacterial properties which help in killing acne-causing bacteria or germs and avoid further breakouts.
Uses of avocado oil
- Avocado oil has many beneficial effects on the skin especially its high concentration of Vitamin E helps to nourish the skin.
- Avocado oil has a high healing power.
- The presence of oleic acid in the skin increases the production of collagen which promotes the growth of new skin.
- It nourishes the skin and also protects your skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
- This oil protects the skin from skin damage and helps to heal replenished and chapped skin.
Now that you have found out how beneficial are natural facial oils for keeping your skin healthy I am sure you will rush to your nearest store or order some great fragranced natural oil. But a reminder before you get a bottle of facial oil, you must note your skin type and what suits your skin. Many times oils cause irritation and finally result in rashes. Therefore before testing the oil on your face directly test it on your hands first. These oils have great nutritional values and their usages are also mentioned in detail in the above section of my article. I hope that you have found this article helpful and will also work on enhancing your skin. Make your skin glow and let the world be lit with your glow.